Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing

I'm feeling pretty mellow today.  I'm not sure how informative this post is going to be but this is where I am so I'm going with it and you're more than welcome to come along.  I love gorgeous harmonies and yes yes, who doesn't?  These are a few of my favorites today.


The Mamas and The Papas -- Twelve Thirty (Young Girls Are Coming To The Canyon)
There are snarky songs about groupies, there are appreciative songs about groupies.  This one is the most beautiful.



The Doobie Brothers -- Black Water
This one has amazing harmonies, a laid back vibe and a fiddle.  What more do you need?




Take 6 -- Spread Love
These guys have been nominated for 23 Grammys since their first album in 1988 and they've won 10.  Wrap your brain around that for a second.



The Eagles -- Seven Bridges Road
The reason I'm grooving on harmonies today.  I heard this late in the afternoon yesterday and then I just kept playing it. 


All right, mellow.  Maybe I need some coffee.  You all have a good day!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!