Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bonnie Raitt Is A Goddess

That's all.  She just is.  There's going to be less music around here for a while so I thought I'd take a break with a couple of gorgeous strong women and Bonnie is one.  Here she is with Norah Jones doing "Tennessee Waltz."



Someone else I love is Emmylou Harris because, really, how can you not?  Her partnership with Gram Parsons was legendary and she still performs "Hickory Wind," blessedly.



Crystal Gayle covered "Till I Gain Control Again," originally recorded by Emmylou Harris, sometime in the 70s.  I so wanted this woman's hair when I was a kid.  Mine never got past my butt before I got sick of brushing it out and wanted it cut again.  I'm more patient now, mostly. 

 
So, that's it for music for a while.  What could I possibly have up my sleeve?  You'll just have to wait and see.  Have a good night!

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie Raitt: "I can't make you love me" -- peerless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bonnie Raitt! The song Kurbiss mentioned is probably my favourite. The other ladies are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing song. I can barely listen to it, though, because I'm a total sap.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!