Monday, March 26, 2012

Did You Say A Groovy Lemon Pie?

One of the long range effects of the earthquake that rocked Christchurch, NZ in February 2011 is what Wikipedia is calling the 2012 New Zealand Marmite Shortage.  I have no idea what Marmite tastes like but I know full well how I feel about peanut butter and just imagining going a day without it gives me the shudders.  You all have my sympathies.  Out of curiosity I went to the company's website and came across the totally rad Marmart section.  Yep, you read that right:  Marmart, as in art made from Marmite.  Talk about playing with your food.  My favorite is the Taniwhamite on Page 3 because sea monster + Marmite + holy cow, it's a sculpture = a total win.  I've tried a couple of times to make peanut butter play dough for the kids but can never seem to get past the "take 1 cup of peanut butter" before I'm spreading it on toast and it's never this pretty.  Well played, Marmartists.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!