Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Want To Believe (In Sherlock)

Dear Fox,

You know I love you.  You were my first overachieving whackjob profiler and you've been my favorite for almost twenty years.  Gil Grissom couldn't shake my adoration and neither could Dr. Spencer Reid or Jethro Gibbs or Patrick Jane.  Okay, Jane has come close a couple of times but he's played by an Australian and you'll just have to forgive me for that one. 

Now, though, there's this new guy and by new I just mean the show.  The character is the original whackjob profiler, though, no shit.  Yep, that one.  In my defense, he's English and you know how I am about accents (see Patrick Jane above) plus he's freaking Sherlock Holmes and that really shouldn't need an explanation, should it?  This isn't a defection, really.  He can't possibly top the time you freed the genie or the time you visited Arthur Dales's brother Arthur Dales or the time you and Scully wound up on "Cops."  Speaking of partners, I think you won that one.  Not that I have anything against Dr. Watson but Dr. Scully could totally kick his ass.

I hope you don't take this too hard and you know I have another X-Files marathon scheduled soon.  It's just that the next couple of Sundays at 9PM I'm going to have other plans.  Huh, maybe it's the timeslot.  Anyway, we'll always have the Bermuda Triangle.

Love,
jazzbaby1




       

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jazzy,
    I can't believe that X-Files started nearly 20 years ago--in 1993. Wow!

    You know the thing I liked about Mullder was that although he believed in conspiracy theories, he didn't start wearing tin foil hats to ward off radio wave trackers--or whatever the tin foil was supposed to do. Ha! Cheers! Grati ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-files! My first TV show love. And obviously I loved Scully, too ;)

    I must confess I've not watched on ep of Sherlock yet. May have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should check it out and when you're done doing that you should check out the XFiles/Sherlock crossover fic that's up on FF.net, featuring Alex Krycek.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!