Sunday, July 8, 2012

Off Road: Sunday Evening Poetry

It's still evening where I'm sitting till the last rays of today's gorgeous sunset fall behind that mountain over there.  I've been in need of some Anis Mojgani the last few days and I found this performance recently so I thought I'd pass it along.  This is from Heavy and Light 2012, an annual benefit for To Write Love On Her Arms that takes place at the House of Blues in Orlando, Florida.  TWLOHA is a great non-profit that according to their mission statement "presents hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide."  Please check them out because they're doing good things.  My favorite poet knocks it out of the park with this amazing invitation to "Come Closer."  Thanks, Anis.  Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!