Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wait, Aren't You...?

You know those moments when you stop to talk to someone you haven't seen in forever and they're looking at you a little confused and it turns out they weren't the person you thought they were?  Oopsie, right?  We've all done that...haven't we?  Okay, maybe you haven't but I know I have and I'm not alone in that.  Apparently over the weekend Flavor Flav had a conversation with Miley Cyrus at an event thinking that she was Gwen Stefani.  That wouldn't have been an easy mistake until Miley did that thing with her hair (and critics don't get it anymore than they get Pink's).  Anyway, it reminded me of one of my favorite stories about my dad.  He and a friend were eating breakfast at a diner on Long Island one morning when a waiter approached and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, sir, but aren't you...?"  My dad played along and answered,  "Yes I am."  The waiter was beside himself.  "Oh, Mr. Hackett, I'm your biggest fan, could I have your autograph?"  My dad of course signed the napkin the guy shoved at him.  And, yes, he looked EXACTLY like Buddy Hackett.

Not my dad.  Courtesy Muppet wiki.
Okay, I'm using this as an excuse to spin some No Doubt.  You all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!