Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Blessing

Wow.  Fandom go boom.  If you're just joining us, The Hobbit had its world premiere on Tuesday in Wellington, New Zealand and the Armitage Army has been having a collective nervous breakdown for about a week.  Of course it's not just us.  TheOneRingers, the Freeman fans, the Turner fans...they're all freaking out, too.  There are picspams, tweets, vids, gifs, blog posts and heart attacks all over the web and while I'm enjoying this delicious moment of frenzy from where I'm sitting I don't really want to add to the noise right now so I won't.  Instead, I want to plug the positive way to thank Richard Armitage that Servetus suggested by gift bombing the charities on his JustGiving page.  You can also SpReAdTheLove and that'll turn into its own gift bomb when contributions are totalled. 

I took a break from the madness last night to check broken YouTube links around the blog and found that "The Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski from April's A Month of Sundays poetry fest no longer works.  I watched the version below while trying to find a replacement and it seemed almost like a blessing for this moment.  I certainly can't think of any more beautiful way to put what I'm feeling and while that maybe especially about Richard Armitage it's certainly not limited to him.  I'm going to go be quiet again.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!