Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Morning Poetry, Christmas Edition

Through the gracious help of someone who knows who she is I'm not blogging on my phone at the moment. It was important to me to share all of this with you and that means a visit to YouTube that I can't get to elsewhere. So, thank you kind person.

My favorite song this Christmas season isn't really a Christmas song. It was written, recorded and released last year by seventeen-year-old Zach Sobiech from Stillwater, Minnesota as he was grappling with his mortality. Zach was diagnosed with osteosarcoma three years earlier and began writing music. He released "Clouds" on YouTube, where his journey was documented by SoulPancake's "My Last Days" series. Zach passed away in May 2013.

On December 5th Sobiech's life and music were celebrated at KS95 Radio's Radiothon for Kids, benefitting the Children's Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Specialty Children's Healthcare. A 5,000 voice choir filled the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN to sing "Clouds" and this video went viral as quickly as the original song did. Thank you, Zach, wherever you are for this beautiful reminder that time is fleeting.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks,Jazzy .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The couple who embrace at the end are his parents. I cannot imagine what it meant to them.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!