Thursday, February 6, 2014

Spread The Love Book Challenge Update and Secret Valentine (Shhhh!) Signal Boost

So it's been a couple of weeks since Obscura and I told you about our Spread The Love Children's Book challenge and I wanted to let you all know that I've been contacted by a few bloggers who are willing to host Guest Posters for this event. We've heard from Snicker'sMom, Gratiana Lovelace, Zan and Servetus so including Obscura's blog and right here at the funky dandelion patch you have six hosts to be matched with. Gratiana is open to hosting a guest post as part of her Fun Day Sunday series and I think the rest of us are willing to post all during the week of March 1-7.

If you're hearing about this challenge for the first time, here's the lowdown. March 2 is Dr. Seuss's birthday which is a huge deal here in the US and traditionally kicks off Read Across America. You do not have to be in the US to participate in this challenge. The rules are simple: write a post about a book from your childhood that's stayed with you through the years and then donate a copy of that book to a school, library or literacy program in your area or give it as a gift to a young friend or family member. Let us know where you donated the book and we'll count each one toward our kindness totals for March and April to max out our second generous anonymous co-conspirator. What does our co-conspirator do? Donates $1 for each kindness we count up to a total of $200 to Richard Armitage's JustGiving charities. Each hosted post also counts as a separate kindness of its own so it's a win-win-win. Again, if you'd like to participate but don't have a blog or you're a blogger willing to host a guest post please email me at funkybluedelphinium at gmail dot com. And if you're planning to participate let us know that, too, so we can link to all the posts during that week.

If you can't wait that long to do something cool with the rest of the fandom please cruise by Guylty's blog to check out the Secret Valentine project she's been working on. Who doesn't love a secret admirer? I apologize in advance to whoever is stuck with me. :)

Anyway, since we're talking about children's books and my Sherlockian friends are going into withdrawl again (how is three episodes a season?) have some Benedict Cumberbatch reading Little Red Hen.



10 comments:

  1. So much fun...I'm trying to narrow down my book list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for linking up, Jazz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please include me...I am a StoryReader/StoryTeller and leave books all the time...May I "play",too?! Will let You know all info you ask...My LOVE? "The Five Chinese Brothers" ..I was living in the Far East...as a 1st Grader!....THX!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome to play! Email me your info with DR SEUSS in the subject line and we'll get you hooked up. My email is up there in the body of the post. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't wait to read yours and Trudy's, Grati!

      Delete
  5. Oh, poopeedoo, was I too early? When I sent you my info on the books I purchased, I didn't realize it was for that specific date. We'll be in Nicaragua that week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not too early, Miss Kitty! We'll count it as long as the intent is to be included in the challenge so you're all good. :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!