Monday, February 17, 2014

SpReAd The Love Children's Book Challenge Update 2

Hey, all, did you have a fabulous Valentine/Half Price Chocolate weekend? I certainly hope you did and I know that my day was definitely brightened by the sweet poem I got from Joanna as part of  RAworld Secret Valentine, organized by Guylty. If you want to see all of the Valentines (there were a bunch!) please click the link there.



And, have you chosen a children's book for our challenge yet? If you're unfamiliar with what we're doing, we're celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday by choosing a book that we loved as children, writing about why we loved it and then donating a copy of it to a school, library, literacy program, children's hospital, etc. Each post and donation will garner $1 toward Richard Armitage's JustGiving charities from the pocket of our anonymous co-conspirator. If you don't have a blog, don't fret because we can hook you up and each hosted blog post is worth another $1.

Who can we hook you up with? Well, Obscura and I, of course, can host you as can Snicker'sMom, Servetus, FedoraLady and last, but certainly not least, Prue Batten. Gratiana Lovelace will be hosting Trudy Brasure on February 23 to kick us off so if you post anytime between then and March 7 it will count. Just let us know where you've posted so we can link to it!

Aaaaand, Obscura should have our latest tally this evening so we know how many kindnesses we've racked up to max our current co-conspirator.While you're waiting, there's this guy, you might see his face up there. Wanna see his face again reading a children's book? I thought you might. Have a great night, whatever you're doing.



  

5 comments:

  1. *waves hand wildly*
    Hey, Jazzy! Don't forget me as a host for a guest blogger! :)
    *sitting by ... ready, willing and eager*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poop, I knew there was someone else. Sorry, zan! You're doing it yourself, too, right?

      Delete
    2. Sure enough! In fact, I'm writing my post now, so I don't forget. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Jazz.
    And meh - why was that CeeBeebies thing not around when *my* kids were in the target group? Really, 2 years earlier, and I would have been an "early adopter" of the Armitage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!