Saturday, March 10, 2012

Come Aboard, We're Expecting You....

A couple of my sistah bloggers have been writing about their excitement about FanstRAvaganza3 and while I share their tingling sense of anticipation I'm not writing about it today, but you can check them out at Crispin's eclipse, RAFrenzy, and me + richard armitage  among other places.  You can find a complete list of all the bloggers doing FanstRAvaganza3 by clicking on the FanstRA tab on the top of the home page.  I don't know that you'll find such a great group of bloggers anywhere else online so I really hope that you'll join us.

Anyway, this is not about that (even though that whole paragraph was).  This post is about this story from the Huffington Post.  Isn't it weird when a piece of your childhood falls into disrepair or, as in the case of The Pacific Princess, gets demolished?  Did you want to be a cruise director when you grew up and did you crush on Gopher or Isaac?  Did you think Captain Stubing was the best tv dad since Howard Cunningham?  And do you remember the episode with Andy Warhol, where I get my avatar, one of the greatest pop culture moments ever?  Time for one last cruise.  See you back here Monday.

6 comments:

  1. It's sad to hear that. I love watching The Love Boat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, ayyp, and welcome to the blog. I loved TLB when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a blast from the sweet past! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real, Emily...did you notice Janet Blair up there in the vid? She's originally from Altoona.

      Delete
  4. wow, Saturday night memories. Heehaw was on, we ate dinner, had our baths, and then were allowed to watch Love Boat before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I'm going to do a "Hee Haw" post one of these days...

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!