Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Road Trip! The Garden State, Part 1: The Boss and the Big Man

I had a really sad search term overnight:  Clarence Clemons death.  My second post to the blog on this day last year was about Clarence so it seems appropriate to devote today to his work with the E Street Band.  Clarence was actually from Norfolk, Virginia but can you imagine talking about him with anyone but Springsteen? 

"Blinded by the Light" was the first track from the first album, 1973's Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.  Manfred Mann may have charted higher with it but I'm a sucker for the original.



From Born to Run.  "10th Avenue Freezeout" is supposed to be about the formation of the E Street Band but, well, see if you can figure it out.



"Pink Cadillac" wasn't on an album; it was the B-side (remember those?) of "Dancing In the Dark" from 1984. 



How can I not play this song?  I have a lot of favorites but this one is the top of the list for me, even without it's having saved me from a speeding ticket.


Thanks Clarence.  We'll be in Hoboken tomorrow and you know what that means.  You don't?  You totally should.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!